Facts and truths in life can strengthen your character and personality.
But most people prefer the lie that comforts them over the harsh truth. Simply because the truth hurts.
It takes time until they realize they were lying to themselves all this time.
But without facts and truths, your character will be founded on a lie, and you will continue to live with that lie thinking it’s the truth.
17 Harsh Truths that will make you a Better Person
1. No one will provide you with the precise answers you need to be happy and successful.
There are thousands of videos made and articles written on happiness and success.
Some give beneficial insights that can help you live a happy life and guide you to the success you desire.
But the guidance provided are principles only. You need to think for yourself and make up your mind.
When walking your way up to success. You will walk through a different road, experience different things, and learn different lessons.
This means you have to make decisions based on your experience and not someone else’s decision, even if he/she is a pro.
The same with your happiness. No one knows you more than yourself and no one truly knows what makes you happy other than yourself. You have the answer.
2. The things we do right are often not the right things.
Just because you do things right doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do.
There’s a difference between what’s done right and what the right thing should be done. People always confuse it.
Doing things right means doing the required thing, while doing the right thing means making the right choice.
Doing things right isn’t always doing the right thing. Doing the right thing has everything to do with morals and ethics.
3. Being honest and direct may not make you the most popular person in the room. But it will make you the right friends and contacts.
Everyone appreciates honesty, but not all appreciate an honest person.
Being honest with yourself and with others will save you from drama, self-absorbed people, and fake friends.
You will have real friends because they will accept you for who you are. Your circle will be small, but it will be real.
4. The unhappiest folks are those who care the most about what everyone thinks about them.
Their mood is placed on others’ hands. They are happy only if others appreciate their work or are pleased with it. The opposite is true.
The main reason for the misery is people wake up every day having different feelings and moods.
So when you see them upset, you start thinking about the bad things you did, which makes you think you are the cause. When in fact, it has nothing to do with you.
You suffer through your imagination which affects your happiness.
Get Inspirational and Powerful Tips to your Inbox
5. The people you surround yourself with have the tendency to break you or make you.
You are who you choose to be around. Who you choose to be around, affects your life in general.
You learn from them, discuss with them, train with them, and go through tough times with them.
How they affect you can improve you or break you. Most successful people talk a lot about the importance of who you surround yourself with.
Your circle should be those who have a common future as yours.
6. You will always be incredibly imperfect.
No matter how hard you try to become perfect, there will always be an imperfect part of you that you can’t hide forever.
But your imperfection makes you unique and incredible. You should strive for perfection in your own lane, not in others’ way.
Many people’s idea of perfection is becoming someone else and that’s the problem.
Perfection is accepting your imperfection and improving it. But this idea is lost. We chase society’s standards of perfection.
7. The draw of comfort is the biggest dream killer.
Your comfort zone kills your potential and creativity. Nothing great is created in a comfort zone.
You have to break free from habits that are keeping you in your comfort zone.
It’s completely okay to take a rest, but there’s a clear difference between taking a rest and staying in your comfort zone.
If you have a dream, just know that you will achieve it by staying out of your comfort zone.
8. If achievement had no price, it would be of no value.
Anything worth a big value has a price. The price determines the value.
The price of achievement includes sacrifices, determination, hard work, smart work, consistency, and improvement.
That’s a high price that will take weeks, months, or years to be paid. You have to accept this fact. If you don’t pay the price, you won’t get that achievement.
9. We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us.
We make choices because we desire what we will get after making that choice.
But in the end, it’s our choice that builds our character.
Example: You chose to become successful and live a happy life. You are the person who made that choice, which means you have to change and adopt a new way of living.
In the end, that choice will make you successful and live a happy life.
10. The only path between wanting and having is doing.
There’s no other legit way. Thinking alone doesn’t get you what you want; you have to put in the work.
That’s why doers always get ahead of thinkers, though thinkers have better ideas than thinkers.
11. Your dreams come true only when you make them come true.
You have a dream of owning a new car or buying a new house, but you do nothing and keep on expecting your dream to come true! No, that’s not how it works.
There’s no miracle without work, and no one will come and hand you the car you dreamt of having. You have to take the first step.
12. Winners win not because they are allowed to, but because they decide to.
There’s no luck when it comes to winning. Winners decide to win, then strive to win.
Wake up every day, decide you want to live a work hard to make your goals come true.
Then give your best, making moves that will get you what you want. You will start noticing the change in your mindset which will get you what you want.
13. You are exactly where you are supposed to be at this very moment.
I used to think this was false, and that I could be somewhere be further than I’m today.
Yeah, I could, but I have to learn some important lessons first. Every time you fail or face a setback, you learn a valuable lesson or become stronger than before.
What you learned in that setback will solve many problems in the future. Don’t waste a lot of time crying over split milk; take what you have and move forward.
14. You can’t change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.
You have to learn to be present and focus your thinking on the present and learn to live in the moment.
Sense your surrounding, become conscious of your breathing, and do what can help you in the future. The future is just a postponed present.
15. In life, what you want and what you get are rarely perfectly congruent.
No matter how hard you try, you won’t always get what you exactly want. You have to accept what you get.
Everyone has this perfect idea of what a friend and partner should be. But rarely do we get it; you have to accept what you get.
But that doesn’t mean settling for what is less. If you know you can get what you truly deserve, keep on going.
16. Focusing on petty problems is the greatest human addiction.
You don’t have to give all your attention to problems in life. Appreciate your blessings and focus on your goals and joy.
17. You will never live a positive life with a negative attitude.
If you wake up every day and start complaining about how bad your life is, gossiping, procrastinating, and being too hard on yourself. There’s no doubt you will live a negative life.
18. Life changes constantly.
The only permanent thing in this world is change. You have to accept change because life is often unpredictable.
It’s better to be hurt by the truth than to be comforted by a lie.
Here are 18 harsh truths that will make you a better person:
- No one will provide you with the precise answers you need to be happy and successful.
- The things we do right are often not the right things.
- Being honest and direct may not make you the most popular person in the room. But it will make you the right friends and contacts.
- The unhappiest folks are those who care the most about what everyone thinks about them.
- The people you surround yourself with have the tendency to break you or make you.
- You will always be incredibly imperfect.
- The draw of comfort is the biggest dream killer.
- If achievement had no price, it would be of no value.
- We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us.
- The only path between wanting and having is doing.
- Your dreams come true only when you make them come true.
- Winners win not because they are allowed to, but because they decide to.
- You are exactly where you are supposed to be at this very moment.
- You can’t change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.
- In life, what you want and what you get are rarely perfectly congruent.
- Focusing on petty problems is the greatest human addiction.
- You will never live a positive life with a negative attitude.
- Life changes constantly.