10 Greatest Messi Quotes that prove he is the GOAT
Messi has always been an inspiration for all football fans and other great players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Julian Alvarez, Isco, etc.
For sure this respect isn’t fake, it’s earned. Even if you idolize or admire other great players, you will still have respect for Messi. He’s for sure, the GOAT (greatest of all time) of football.
We all understand that when it comes to the greatest achievements that can shake the world and make millions of people smile, the road to it is the most difficult of all.
You have to put in a lot of effort, improve your talent, become self-aware of your potential, believe in yourself, work well with the team, and handle people’s critics and negative words.
Every man who has done this has my respect and Messi is one of them. For me, he is the GOAT.
I enjoyed the final world cup match to its best. After the game, I celebrated with the boys and spent most of my time at the Entertainment yard.
This got me 3 hours of sleep, but it’s worth it. You can tell me your experience in the comment section too.
There are a lot of Messi inspirational and motivational quotes on the internet, but I chose the most inspiring and greatest of his quotes.
Here are 10 Messi great quotes:
1. “I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year, it took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.”
It’s where you believe when someone tells you “to become a champion, you have to believe in yourself when no one else does.”
No doubt Messi believed in himself and pushed himself through all these years when he was unnoticed.
Every person who is building something solid for himself knows how hard it is to keep going.
Sometimes the only supporter you have is the faith you have in yourself.
2. “Whether it’s a friendly match, or for points, or a final, or any game – I play the same. I’m always trying to be my best, first for my team, for myself, for the fans, and to try and win.”
Messi is not just playing for himself, he knows that there is a little kid out there supporting him with all he/she has and wants him to win.
In every outstanding match, he’s inspiring other footballers and making others happy, and he is building his legacy too.
3. “Every time I start a year, I start with the objective of trying to achieve everything, without comparing it to how I’ve done in other seasons.”
That’s why he will keep on breaking new records in many seasons. He is not deeply emerged in his ego, he focuses his attention on the present and future.
4. “Many years ago when I first started my career Maradona told me “to enjoy and play as you know”, and that’s stayed with me ever since and is the best advice I’ve been given.”
People always say to become a champion, you have to train with champions.
Today, let me add “to become a champion, you have to listen to champions”.
The proof of my words is Messi. I stand by it and embody it, and will add it as one of my life’s greatest tips.
5. “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.”
Opinions are cheap and you shouldn’t listen to everyone because not all people have reached your mindset level.
A lion doesn’t shouldn’t and must never concern himself when sheep give their opinion. A lion mentality is different from a sheep mentality. A lion is a king.
6. “Without the help of my teammates I would be nothing. I wouldn’t win titles, honors, nothing.”
Teamwork always makes the dream work. Many people forget who had their back when they had nothing and those who help them reach their goals.
But Messi is different. He doesn’t lose sight of being grateful and appreciating his teammates. That’s why he’s loved by his fans.
7. “I don’t need the best hairstyle or the best body. Just give me a ball at my feet and I’ll show you what I can do.”
Action speaks the loudest. To prove you are the best, you don’t have to spend hours telling people how great you are.
Your action speaks for itself and Messi knows that well. Hairstyles and tattoos are just appearances.
8. “You have to fight to achieve your dreams. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.”
No one ever achieved his life goal by giving his minimum, it takes years of sacrifice and hard work.
Here’s Messi’s motivational quote for everyone struggling toward achieving his dream. Continue to fight and never give up on your dream.
9. “My ambition is always to get better and better.”
There’s no final destination for getting better. When you reach a certain height of achievement and potential, there’s always a way to get better.
The key to the greatest life achievement is continual improvement.
Nothing can stop you, Messi, and everyone on earth from getting better. That’s a fact.
10. “The day you think there are no improvements to be made is a sad one for any player.”
Messi has a growth mindset. He’s not stuck in his current situation, he’s busy becoming better and thinking about ways to become better.
Also, read: 7 Powerful Quotes with valuable lessons I wish I read sooner
If there’s a quote I missed, add it. I and other readers will be glad to read it.